Instructions for Submitting An Application
The following documents MUST be submitted before being considered. Your application will NOT be considered with missing financials or false information:
- $30.00 Application Fee Per Adult Living In Property. Cash or money order. The fee is non-refundable. No personal checks will be accepted. Application fee can also be paid on-line @ www.stoneycreekmgmt.com and click "Pay Online" at top of website.
- Rental application. This can be found on www.stoneycreekmgmt.com and MUST be filled out COMPLETELY and LEGIBLE (Be sure to sign it). Stoney Creek Management MUST pull credit reports. Credit reports emailed or faxed in with financials will not be accepted.
- Last 2 Months FULL bank checking statements.
- Last two months payroll check stubs.
- Proof of earnings from Social Security, Child Support, Alimony. Must be documented
- Self employed applicants: must provide recent two years of tax returns, recent 1099 and YTD financial/income statement and balance sheet.
- Previous Landlord Information: Letter from current Landlord if applicable.
- Copy of Driver's License: All occupants over 18 years old that plan to live in the property.
NOTE: Properties cannot be held without a holding deposit in the amount of the security deposit.
**E-mail to email@example.com or fax to 248-218-1986**
Stoney Creek Property Management adheres strictly to all requirements of the Fair Housing Laws. We do not discriminate against any applicant for reasons of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability.
Statement of Rental Policy
- We are an equal opportunity housing provider. We fully comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, sex, handicap, family status, or national origin. We also comply with all state and local fair housing laws.
- Every adult (18 & over) who will be residing at the premises must fill out an application, must be named in the lease, and sign the lease. There will be no exceptions.
- Occupancy guidelines. To prevent overcrowding and undue stress on plumbing and other building systems, we restrict the number of people who may reside in a rental property. In determining these restrictions, we adhere to all applicable fair-housing laws. We allow two persons per bedroom plus one additional person per house/apt/condo. For example, a one-bedroom could house three people, and a two-bedroom could house as many as five people.
- Application process. A $30.00 non-refundable application fee is required with each potential tenant's application. Married applicants must each pay $30.00. The information submitted on the application(s) is then verified via phone and/or fax by our processing department. The process can generally be completed within 48 hours. Once your application package has been verified, we can then determine if you meet our rental criteria. If it is determined that you do not meet the requirement your application will be rejected and you will be notified by mail. If all requirements are met your application will be approved. We will rent available properties to applicants in the order that their applications have been approved.
- Rental criteria. To qualify for a rental property with Stoney Creek Property Management you must meet the following criteria:
- Income. Your monthly income must be at least between three and four times the monthly rent. You must be able to prove at least one year of employment immediately preceding the date of your application. If you have been a full time student at any time within the past year, we will require you to have your lease guaranteed. If you are unemployed, you must provide proof of income.
- Rental history. You must have a satisfactory rental history from at least two prior landlords. If you have ever been evicted or sued for any lease violation, we will reject your application.
- Credit history. Your credit record must currently be satisfactory. If your credit history shows any unpaid debts, we may reject your application.
- Criminal history. If you have ever been convicted of a felony, we will reject your application. If you have ever been convicted of a misdemeanor involving dishonesty or violence within the past five years, we will reject your application.
- Guarantors (Co-Signer). If you do not meet one of more of the above criteria, you may be able to qualify for a house/apt/condo if you can get a third party to guarantee your lease. The guarantor must pass the same application and screening process that you must pass, except that we will deduct the guarantors own housing costs before applying his or her income to our standard.